To post an ad on this page, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thirty-day postings can be purchased by for-profit companies for $300.00 and by non-profit companies for $150.00. Companies can also purchase a one-time email to the APOSW membership for $125.00.
2 full time Oncology Social Work positions available (1. BMT 2. NeuroOnc).
Texas Children's Hospital - Cancer Center in Houston, Texas has 2 full time Oncology Social Work positions available (1. BMT 2. NeuroOnc). Click here for complete information and to apply.
Part-Time Social Worker LCSW-Maine Children’s Cancer Program
The Maine Children’s Cancer Program is seeking a Social Worker to join our small but vital team of LCSWs. This position works in both inpatient and outpatient settings, seeing patients at our clinic in Scarborough and the Barbara Bush Children's Hospital in Portland. Our Social Workers are an integral part of our team approach to caring for patients and their families. Every patient is assigned a primary social worker at the time of diagnosis. This individual will work alongside two other Social Workers, and is responsible for providing a full-range of psychosocial support for the patient, their siblings and parents throughout the long course of their care. The Social Workers at the Maine Children's Cancer Program coordinate with parents on behavior modification strategies to assist with their child's compliance to medical regimes in both individual and group sessions. They may also provide support to patients and their families throughout bereavement processes, and help facilitate coping methods. Additionally, they provide consultation to clinic staff and community partners, and participate in advocacy to help identify resources for families and children.
This position requires the Social Worker to be on-call every third week. Additional stipend provided for on-call.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Master's degree in social work from an institution accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Current State of Maine Social Work license (LCSW).
- Experience providing therapeutic services to pediatric patients with chronic medical issues preferred.
Seeking Full-time Hematology Social Worker
The Children's Blood and Cancer Center Dell Children's Medical Center
The pediatric hematology social worker is committed to enhancing the emotional and physical well-being of children with a hematology diagnosis. This practice is based upon expertise in the areas of bio-psychosocial care and the impact of life-threatening illness on the normal child and family development.
- Complete biopsychosocial assessment for newly diagnosed families to identify and diagnose needs.
- Work directly with patients in individual, family and group formats.
- Document and report patient interactions, with focus on treatment and progress.
- Assist patients and families with conflict resolution and problem solving strategies.
- Advocate for patients and families in discussions related to treatment with consideration to ethical concerns and - self-determination.
- Promote patient and family rights within the medical setting and community to ensure access to care, confidentiality, and critical life resources.
- Provide developmentally appropriate therapeutic interventions aimed at adaptation through the continuum of care.
- Plan in-home care that promotes adherence and appropriate utilization of resources.
- Make referrals and provide education on available resources.
- Collaborate, consult and provide support within multidisciplinary team
- Have appropriate licensing at hire (LMSW in State of Texas); delays in licensing may disqualify applicants.
- Medical social work experience or significant experience (1+ years) working with children and families
- Ability to effectively communicate and disseminate information in verbal and written forms
- Spanish a plus!
Arnold Palmer Hospital For Children
Arnold Palmer Hospital (APH) is a 158-bed facility children’s hospital and is proud to be ranked as a “Best Children’s Hospital” in multiple pediatric specialists by the U.S. News and World Report. APMC maintains Magnet Designation and achieved top Children’s hospital by The Leapfrog Group. APH is the home to central Florida’s only pediatric Level 1 Trauma Center and is one of the busiest children’s emergency departments in the state.
APH provides a full range of services at the Haley Center for Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders. The center is a designated member of the Children’s Oncology Group (COG). The multidisciplinary team of pediatric specialists care for the medical, psychological and developmental well-being of the child.
Full-time Pediatric Oncology, Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Conducts comprehensive biopsychosocial assessments and evaluations to identify strengths and potential barriers across the continuum of care as it relates to child’s physical and mental health wellbeing.
- Utilizes clinical judgement in determining the level of assistance and support needed by patients/families.
- Clinical impressions that are responsive to age appropriate patient/family needs and concerns.
- Develops therapeutic plans based on assessment.
- Assists patients/families in coping with illness, trauma, hospitalization, and end of life based on principles of growth and development, family systems, and cultural considerations.
- Implements crisis intervention and/or individual, group and family therapy modalities as needed.
- Assists families and healthcare team in making plans for discharge and ongoing post hospital care and treatment related to behavioral health needs.
- May provide weekend, holiday and storm coverage.
- Master’s degree in Social Work is required from an accredited graduate school
- A valid State of Florida licensure, Licensed Clinical Social Work (LCSW) is required
- Experienced in a healthcare or behavioral health setting and/or with children and families
To apply, go to www.orlandohealth.com and click on careers. Job ID# 137587