To post an ad on this page, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thirty-day postings can be purchased by for-profit companies for $300.00 and by non-profit companies for $150.00. Companies can also purchase a one-time email to the APOSW membership for $125.00.
Full-time Therapist - Austin Hatcher Foundation for Pediatric Cancer
Position Title: Therapist, Austin Hatcher Foundation for Pediatric Cancer, Psycho-Oncology Division.
Reports to the Director of Psycho-Oncology, AHFPC Director of Operations, and the CEO
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Fulltime/PartTime: Full Time
Employment/Contract Work: Employment
Schedule: Some evenings and weekends required
Job Description: The Austin Hatcher Foundation for Pediatric Cancer is a national non-profit located in Chattanooga, TN whose mission is to erase the effects of pediatric cancer. We are seeking a dynamic individual to fill the role of Therapist within our Psycho-Oncology Division at our headquarters and Educational Advancement Center in Chattanooga, TN. The Educational Advancement Center is a landmark pediatric cancer psycho-oncology care center providing children and their families with the tools need to cope and thrive throughout the treatment experience as well as the essential skills for meaningful and productive lives as cancer survivors. The comprehensive services offered at no cost to families include: individual, family and group counseling, neurocognitive testing, academic coaching/tutoring, school support for implementation of academic support plans, financial counseling and diversionary events for family enrichment. The EAC is also home to a vibrant industrial arts program.
Services are provided from diagnosis throughout the lifetime of the family.
The therapist would collaborate with multidisciplinary staff to provide social, emotional and developmental support to affected children and their families in our outpatient setting as well as providing consultation and intervention during medical inpatient admissions at partnering hospitals.
The primary goals are to provide empirically supported therapeutic interventions to families affected by pediatric cancer, to provide consultation and support to medical personnel in working with said families at partnering hospitals, build and maintain positive relationships with families and community partners, further develop psycho-oncology therapeutic program offerings, and assist with overseeing day to day operations of the Psycho-Oncology Division. Specific job duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide individual, family and group therapy
- Responsible for day to day operations of all Psycho-Oncology and Integrated therapies
- Maintain accurate record keeping for all patients
- Maintain an appropriate environment for patients, families and visitors
- Responsible for implementation of office policies
- Maintaining office equipment and physical space
- Serve as community liaison on appropriate regional committees
- Responsible for monitoring staff duties and performance
- Responsible for maintaining a team based work environment
- Coordinate Facebook, twitter and mass emails associated with programs
- Provide reports in accordance with senior leadership
- Supervise, orient and train of new and existing staff
- Participate in writing grants
- Meet all data requirements for current and future grants
- Current Tennessee LCSW or LPC licenseMaster’s Degree
- CPR certification
- Experience providing individual, family and group therapy
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent team building skills
- Must successfully complete a credit and criminal background check
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to walk, bend, hear, see and lift 25 pounds
- Occasional weekend and evening availability
- Regional travel
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to: Kim Etheredge, 232 E11th Street, Suite 100, Chattanooga, TN 37402 or email email@example.com