To post an ad on this page, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thirty-day postings can be purchased by for-profit companies for $300.00 and by non-profit companies for $150.00. Companies can also purchase a one-time email to the APOSW membership for $125.00.
Social Worker 2 - Egleston - Hematology/Developmental Therapy
Date: Oct 14, 2018
Location: 1405 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA, US, 30322
Company: Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
Requisition #: 26562
Name of Location: Egleston
Work Schedule: Day
Employment Type: Full-Time
Work Days: Monday - Friday
Ensures that high-quality, comprehensive social work services are provided which support healthcare and coordinate the psychosocial needs of patients and families.
- Master's degree in Social Work from an accredited graduate school
- Georgia or other state Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Must be eligible for and obtain Georgia LCSW within 90 days of employment
- 3 years of experience in postgraduate social work
- Experience in a medical setting and/or with children and families
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be able to successfully pass the Basic Windows Skill Assessment at 80% or higher rating within 30 days of employment
- Ability to work as part of interdisciplinary team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of age-appropriate treatment and practice
- Organizational and analytical skills
- Completes comprehensive psychosocial assessments to identify strengths and potential barriers across the continuum of care as relates to patient health and wellbeing.
- Assists patients and families in coping with illness, trauma, hospitalization, and end of life based on principles of growth and development, family systems, and cultural considerations.
- Assists families and healthcare team in making plans for discharge and ongoing medical care and treatment related to psychosocial needs.
- Assists families in accessing resources to achieve and/or maintain stabilization and self-sufficiency.
- Assesses patients and families for safety, abuse, and neglect concerns.
- Serves as the mandated reporter for hospital campuses or assigned service area to Child Protective Services and Adult Protective Services.
- Provides information and acts as liaison for child protection, custody, supervision, visitation, and other safety needs on behalf of the family, interdisciplinary team, and community organizations.
- Documents and maintains updated patient information pertaining to services provided.
- Supports department goals by providing supervision to Master of Social Work students, assuming special projects and/or program planning assignments and participating in department/system committees.
Apply online at: