Interested in posting a career opportunity?
To post an ad on this page, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thirty-day postings to this page can be purchased by for-profit companies for $300.00 and by non-profit companies for $150.00. Companies can also purchase, for $125.00, a one-time email that will be sent by APOSW to our membership.
Click on the titles below to view jobs that are currently available.
Licensed Clinical Mental Health Specialist
The Austin Hatcher Foundation for Pediatric Cancer
Division/location: Psycho-Oncology Chattanooga, TN
Reports to: Lead LCSW, Director of Clinical Services, President
To provide individual, family, group and/or marital therapy to children diagnosed with pediatric cancer as well as their families. In addition to providing ongoing therapy services for these families, this position is also responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the Psycho-Oncology Division with a goal of maintaining a balance between behavioral services and family-based programming designed to serve both inpatient and outpatients families.
The Austin Hatcher Foundation for Pediatric Cancer’s mission is to erase the effects of pediatric cancer and optimize each child’s quality of life through essential specialized intervention beginning at the time of diagnoses and continuing throughout survivorship. Located in the Educational Advancement Center the Foundation provides services to children with cancer as well as their families through its four divisions: Psycho-Oncology, Industrial Arts, Healthy Lifestyle Education and Diversionary Therapy. The foundation provides all services at no cost to the families. Services are funded solely by the generous donations of its supporters.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Publicize the mission of the Austin Hatcher Foundation for Pediatric Cancer
- Be an advocate for families dealing with the effects of pediatric cancer
- Look for new innovative ways to provide care for families dealing with the effects of pediatric cancer
- Assist development team in activities related to programs
- Other duties as assigned
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Provide individual, family and group therapy
- Conduct surveys and studies relating to psychosocial status and patterns of population groups as directed.
- Assist in the assessment, planning, arranging, and implementing of psychosocial programs under clinical supervision.
- Review and evaluate recent psychosocial health research and interpret it to professionals and patients.
- Work in collaboration with multidisciplinary team members including external partners
- Responsible for day to day operations of all Psycho-Oncology and Integrated therapies
- Maintain accurate record keeping for all patients
- Maintain an appropriate environment for patients, families and visitors
- Serve as community liaison on appropriate regional committees
- Integrates with a team-based work environment
- Provide reports in accordance with senior leadership
- Assists with orientation and training of new and existing staff
- Participate in writing grants
- Meet all data requirements for current and future grants
- Incremental growth in behavioral patient volume
- Incremental growth in family programming
- Identify and recommend new service opportunities to program committee
- Implement new programs
- Keep within budget allowances
- Successful integration of programs within foundation system
- Current Tennessee LCSW or LPC license
- Master’s Degree
- CPR certification
- Experience providing individual, family and group therapy
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent team building skills
- Must successfully complete a criminal background check
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to walk, bend, hear, see and lift 25 pounds
- Occasional weekend and evening availability
- Regional travel
For more information, please email HR@hatcherfoundation.org .
Check back for career postings as they become available.