Interested in posting a career opportunity?
To post an ad on this page, please email email@example.com. Thirty-day postings to this page can be purchased by for-profit companies for $300.00 and by non-profit companies for $150.00. Companies can also purchase, for $125.00, a one-time email that will be sent by APOSW to our membership.
Please check back for job postings as they become available.
Clinical Social Worker, MSW, LICSW - Oncology - Boston Children's Hospital
Patient Services-Social Work
Job Posting Description
At Boston Children’s Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It’s in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, or reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Oncology department and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
This is a 40 hour/week (4 -10 hour days) inpatient social work position on an oncology floor covering all 50 beds with two other full time social workers. These social workers also work closely with the psychosocial teams at Dana Farber Cancer Institute and may provide one on one support to patient and/or caregiver/s, as well as group work.
The Oncology Clinical Social Worker will be responsible for:
- Providing social work support to patients and families with a high incidence of economic need, and social and medical complexity who are receiving ongoing oncological care or who have recently received a new diagnosis.
- Comprehensive psychosocial assessments, crisis intervention, coordination of care, linkages to community services, psycho-education and management of family issues including child protection and domestic violence, as well as ongoing grief and loss support
To qualify, you must have:
- A Master’s degree in Social Work
- LICSW Licensure in state of MA
- Medical Social Work experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills, flexibility and ability to work in fast-paced, dynamic environment
Please note: During a public health emergency, individuals in this role may be expected to take on additional duties to respond to organizational needs
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Regular, Temporary, Per Diem
Standard Hours per Week
Career opportunities are listed as they become available.