Interested in posting a career opportunity?
To post an ad on this page, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thirty-day postings to this page can be purchased by for-profit companies for $300.00 and by non-profit companies for $150.00. Companies can also purchase, for $125.00, a one-time email that will be sent by APOSW to our membership.
Please check back for job postings as they become available.
Social Worker - MSW - Talleyville, DE
Social Worker – MSW
This full-time Oncology Social Work position with the Nemours Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders (NCCBD) allows a master’s-prepared social worker to provide direct service to pediatric patients undergoing treatment for various forms of cancer and blood disorders and has an additional specialized focus on the care of Neuro Oncology patients. The position functions as part of a five-member hematology/oncology social work team and a larger multidisciplinary team providing care to patients and families at the NCCBD. Responsibilities include but are not limited to conducting assessments of and providing counseling, support, and concrete services to oncology patients and their families; participating in weekly multidisciplinary team meetings to coordinate complex care; facilitating parent support groups and assisting with NCCBD Family Advisory Council meetings; coordinating family meetings with the multidisciplinary team for care planning; coordinating and facilitating school reintegration meetings and services; providing social work services to some general pediatric patients admitted to the unit. This position also has responsibilities to the larger Social Work Department including participation in regular weekly meetings; assistance with coverage of social work needs throughout the hospital, as needed; committee participation and assistance with projects; and rotating on-call duty. The social worker in this position benefits from regular clinical and group supervision. Strong clinical skills are required and previous pediatric oncology experience is preferred. Full-time benefits included. LMSW or LCSW preferred.
This position is responsible for: Providing comprehensive Social Work services to patients and their families in accordance with the job responsibilities described in this document. Coordinate the discharge planning needs of patients and their families interfacing with insurance providers, community agencies and the multidisciplinary health care team. Provide such services in accordance to the policies, procedures and guidelines established within the Department and organization.
- Attend patient care unit and/or Medical division rounds in accordance to team expectations and provide inpatient admission screening on assigned patient care unit.
- Manage complex assessments of the pt/family’s biopsychosocial situation and establish goals and periodically reassess the pt/family situation.
- Provide crisis intervention services where indicated for the management of domestic violence, psychiatric emergency cases, child abuse and family disputes.
- Provide therapeutic, goal directed counseling. Exhibit necessary clinical skills to provide problem focused goal directed intervention.
- Interface with insurance providers, case managers and others involved in the authorization of needed patient services. Identifies and negotiates differing needs within the family system.
- Coordinate discharge planning needs of patients and their families in an efficient, effective and timely manner while including the family in the process.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships across disciplines and coordinate family meetings. Coordinate recommendations of team meetings.
- Document social work notes in the patient medical record within the guidelines of Department policy.
- Keep appraised of community resources and provide resource specific information to the patient/family.
- Maintain a professional manner at all times with staff and family.
- Must have a Masters degree in Social Work from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). LMSW or LCSW preferred.
- Must have advanced ability to document clinical notes in the EMR.
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://epyz.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/requisitions/preview/693/?keyword=693&mode=location
As one of the nation’s premier pediatric health care systems, we’ve made a promise to do whatever it takes to prevent and treat even the most disabling childhood conditions. It’s a promise that extends beyond our nationally recognized clinical treatment to an entire integrated spectrum of research, advocacy, education, and prevention.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion guide our growth and strategy. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about, and committed to, leading efforts to provide culturally relevant care, reducing health disparities, and helping build a diverse and inclusive environment. All Nemours Associates are expected to ensure that these philosophies are embedded in their day to day work with colleagues, patients and families.
To learn more about Nemours and our commitment to treat every child as if they were our own, visit us at www.nemours.org.
Career opportunities are listed as they become available.