Interested in posting a career opportunity?
To post an ad on this page, please email email@example.com. Thirty-day postings to this page can be purchased by for-profit companies for $300.00 and by non-profit companies for $150.00. Companies can also purchase, for $125.00, a one-time email that will be sent by APOSW to our membership.
Please check back for job postings as they become available.
Manager, Information Resource Center-Remote - Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
How many people can answer the question, “What do you do for a living?” with the answer, “I help find cures for cancer.” At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Join us and give new meaning to the word, “job.”
The Manager of the Information Resource Center will contribute to the work of a team of Information Specialists and will be responsible for supervising select members of the team, training of new staff, continuous quality improvement efforts, and acts as a backup for the Associate Director and Director. As a member of the team, the Manager will responds to inquiries received from patients and caregivers affected by blood cancer, offers current and accurate disease, treatment and coping information, as well as referrals to financial and psychosocial resources within and outside of LLS. In this position the Manager acts as a liaison, contributing blood cancer expertise to internal projects as well as to outside organizations and partnerships, and speaks to the role of the IRC, both internally and externally.
How to apply: https://bit.ly/3mVxEWt
Reports to: Director, Information Resource Center
Supervises: IRC Team Members
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise Information Specialist(s) and assist in their professional growth and knowledge of blood cancers. Monitor the quality of services provided to constituents by the Information Specialist(s), including calls and written documentation, and provide timely and regular feedback to specialists.
- Be available for supervision and guidance of Information Specialists when on with a suicidal or mental health crisis call/communication, and communicate the outcome or follow up needs back to the Director.
- Support the IRC Director/Associate Director in identifying and implementing improvements to IRC processes and protocols, including the caller database and phone system.
- Using prescribed protocols, give accurate, current information on risks, diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation, follow-up care and medical and community referrals to patients, their caregivers, health professionals and the general public; conduct follow-up calls to patients and caregivers as requested and/or needed to provide further navigation towards access to care or services.
- Provide blood cancer patients and caregivers referrals to needed financial and psycho-social resources that are available from LLS and other local and national organizations.
- Schedule and conduct proactive follow-up calls to patients and caregivers as appropriate to provide further navigation that will help them access care and/or services.
- Complete an electronic record documenting each interaction, specifically capturing the demographics of the individual receiving assistance and delineating all details of each inquiry, including action taken and information/resources provided. Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Conduct internet searches to identify specific disease, treatment, and resource information for patients.
- Provide clinical trial education and assist patients and caregivers in overcoming barriers to accessing clinical trials; refer patients and caregivers to LLS’s Clinical Trial Support Center (CTSC) as appropriate.
- Keep current on developments and trends related to detection, treatment and research regarding blood cancers by reading peer-reviewed literature, materials from professional organizations, and attending professional symposia/conferences.
- Provide information and consultation to national and chapter staff on blood cancer diagnoses and treatments as requested.
- Represent IRC at professional meetings, conferences, advisory boards, and in partnership initiatives and as requested, both by phone and in person.
- Collaborate on the submission of abstracts to professional organizations for presentations as requested.
- Work with staff on the National Patient and Professional Education team as requested to develop blood cancer resources for patients and professionals.
- Act as LLS liaison to external organizations by participating in partnership and funder meetings, attending national conferences, and sitting on advisory groups to communicate the LLS mission and priorities as well as the role of the IRC, and to contribute disease and treatment expertise.
- Provide disease and treatment information to Education, Services & Health Research staff and support the development of programmatic grants as requested.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Masters in Social Work or a Nursing degree (BSN, RN, MSN), or Masters in another related clinical field. Needs to be licensed in discipline.
- Five years of previous clinical experience in a health care delivery setting, preferably focused on cancer care delivery, working with patients and their families.
- At least two years of supervisory or management experience.
- Thorough working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Previous experience in the field of oncology, particularly hematology is preferred
- Bilingual Preferred
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- If remote; must have reliable internet, especially if position is remote. Minimum download speed 50mbps minimum upload speed 50mbps. Recommended download speed 100mbps recommended upload speed 100mbps
How to apply: https://bit.ly/3mVxEWt
Check back for career postings as they become available.