Interested in posting a career opportunity?
To post an ad on this page, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thirty-day postings to this page can be purchased by for-profit companies for $300.00 and by non-profit companies for $150.00. Companies can also purchase, for $125.00, a one-time email that will be sent by APOSW to our membership.
Please check back for job postings as they become available.
Social Work Clinician - Neuro Oncology - Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford
Category: Psychology & Social Science
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: LPCH Main Hospital Palo Alto, California
To apply click here: http://careers.stanfordchildrens.org/
At Stanford Children’s Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That’s why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It’s why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford. And it’s why we need caring, committed people on our team – like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
As a member of a multidisciplinary health care team, the Social Work Clinician provides appropriate intervention services and/or discharge planning to patients and/or clients as well as their families receiving services within any department of the Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford. Work typically involves a variety of bio-psycho-social issues, assessment of the social needs as related to the patient’s/client’s health status, and the development of a plan of services, including advocacy, discharge planning, referrals and practical assistance necessary to accomplish desired objectives. Provides consultation, orientation and training to health care staff on the effects of bio-psycho-social, cultural and economic issues on the management of patient/client health needs.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Service Standards of the Hospital(s).
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary health care teams to treat and plan for the social and medical needs of patients by consulting with other providers and making referrals. Devises, develops and implements treatment plans as necessary. May make a diagnosis as part of a treatment plan.
- Conducts initial assessment of all new patients to evaluate social, emotional and physical needs by applying social work theories and techniques; interviews and evaluates patients and family members. Identifies factors which may interfere with obtaining maximum benefits from treatment.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, including the coordination of referrals to specialty and social services, the recording of progress notes and the provision of continuity of care. Helps clients cope with environmental and psychological issues of illness by explaining options and treatments as well as making appropriate referrals.
- Manages assigned caseload. Prepares and maintains records and makes written and oral reports to document case activity concerning patient care, counseling and therapeutic activities in accordance with department, hospital, medical center and/or health system policies. Prepares reports and other documents concerning patients.
- Participates in monitoring and evaluating the quality and appropriateness of patient care.
- Provides supportive counseling, grief counseling, crisis intervention and other appropriate therapeutic services to assist patients and families in coping with presenting symptoms and problems such as, for example, coping with illness, accepting medical recommendations, and loss of function. Provides education to patients and families around issues related to adaptation to the patient’s diagnosis, illness, treatment and/or life situation.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
For Master Level Social Workers:
Education: Master’s degree in Social Work (MSW) from an accredited college or university; OR be within forty-five (45) days of completion of the requirements for graduation with an MSW from an accredited college or university. Candidates who meet this qualification and furnish a letter from the Dean of the School Work where they are a student in good standing attesting to this may receive a conditional offer of employment. Such new hires must provide proof of possession of an MSW degree from an accredited college or university within forty-five (45) days of their date of hire, as a condition of continued employment.
Experience: None Required
License/Certification: None Required
For Licensed Clinical Social Workers:
Education: Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university
Experience: Two (2) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
License/Certification: SW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker) – Valid license as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) issued by the California Board of Behavioral Science
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
- Ability to apply theories, principles and practices of medical social work and of social services delivery systems in a hospital or medical center setting
- Ability to gather data needed to needed to assess needs of patients and families
- Ability to manage a caseload, recall case details; maintain confidentiality of information; determine the appropriate course of action in emergencies and other stressful situations
- Ability to provide written case narratives and reports
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English effectively at a level appropriate for the safe and effective performance of the job.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply effective assessment, interviewing, and counseling techniques
- Knowledge of and ability to apply social work theories, principles and techniques
- Knowledge of hospital and medical center resources to access and provide for patient care needs, and act on behalf of client needs to obtain necessary services
- Knowledge of needs, problems, attitudes, and behavior of hospital patients and their families
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment. Accordingly, LPCH does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability, or the perception of any of the above. People of all genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with criminal convictions will be considered after an individualized assessment of the conviction and the job requirements, and where applicable, in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Career opportunities are listed as they become available.