The APOSW CE Center offers a cost-effective and comfortable way for social workers and allied health professionals to meet their annual requirement to earn professional continuing education credit hours. The CE Center is open to all health professionals.
Not an APOSW Member? APOSW members receive discounted pricing on all courses. In addition, members qualify for one free CE course each year.
There are lots more great reasons to join!
Certificates of Participation
To begin or continue the course of your choice, visit the CE Center main page. To register for a new course, select the course of your choice from the Available Courses displayed on the CE Center main page.
For more information, questions or assistance for people with disabilities or grievances, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical questions or support, please email email@example.com.
Continuing Education Credits
Application for CE contact hours has been made by APOSW (Provider #886400741) through the National Association of Social Workers (national office). Attendees are responsible for reviewing whether their state accepts these CE contact hours. APOSW is also recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers (#SW-0441).
Each course is accredited by the National Association of Social Workers, NASW (national office), and is eligible for continuing education credit when completed by the Course Completion Date listed in the course description.
To complete a course and earn CE credit, Social Workers must submit a course evaluation. If the course requires a final quiz, it must also be completed with a minimum passing score of 80%. Once the course has been completed, a Certificate of Participation will be issued and sent to the student as an email attachment. The course must be completed by the date listed on the course main page.
APOSW Membership Benefits
- Subscription to the APOSW listserv, with access to colleagues who share common interests, providing the opportunity to collaborate and consult with others in the field. Including member access to our:
♦ Member access to our virtual networking groups for new and solo social workers,
♦ Member access to our virtual clinical series.
- Member access to our new CE Center offering CEUs at a nominal fee, including a free CEU course for all members.
- Password protected access to “Member Only” sections of aposw.org including:
♦ Online Membership Directory
♦ Resources and assessment tools, including access to our new online members-only Resource Library.
♦ Grant and Research Opportunities
♦ Advocacy information
♦ Research information
♦ Quarterly Newsletter
- Selected mailings and notices regarding new resources, conferences, and other items of interest
- Reduced registration fees at the Annual APOSW Conference
- Voting privileges as outlined in the APOSW bylaws on all organizational issues